GardenShare

GardenShare

Monday, March 14, 2016

North Country Junior Iron Chef


On Saturday, I took part in a judging panel for the 2016 North Country Junior Iron Chef competition.  Twenty-eight teams of middle and high school students from across the North Country took part with original recipes that incorporated both locally-grown foods and foods that schools get from the USDA commodities program.

I was awed and inspired by the students creativity, teamwork and the amazing dishes they created.  These students give me hope for a future where we grow more of our food locally and where everyone has access to and understanding of a healthy diet.

See some photos and read more in the Watertown Daily Times coverage of the event.  And all of the recipes will be online at http://www.ncjrironchef.org/# soon!  I know I plan to try some of them at home, you may want to, also!

Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment