GardenShare

GardenShare

Thursday, June 8, 2017

New intern joins the GardenShare team

Our new summer intern joined us this week.  Here's a littlle about her.

Name:  Jenna Levandowski

Town of residence: Southborough, MA

Role at GardenShare: St. Lawrence Public Interest Corps Intern

How long? June to August 2017

Why I do what I do at GardenShare: I grew up in and out of the North Country which lead me to develop a deep love and connection to this landscape and the people that encompass it. The issues of food justice and hunger are extremely convoluted problems that lack simple solutions.  My time at GardenShare allows me to assist in combating these matters while also helping the families of a community I care for.

Role outside of GardenShare: I am a recent graduate of St. Lawrence University where my favorite role was as a member of the Java Barn. Currently I am trying to figure out what type of role I want to take on once I finish my time at GardenShare.

Hobbies: I love to explore, whether it is discovering a new running trail or walking the streets of a different country. I love to put myself into unknown places, it allows me to constantly learn and challenge my way of thinking.

Most recent accomplishment: Graduating!

Favorite book?: I still reread the Roald Dahl books I adored as a child. The BFG has remained my favorite over the past ten years.

Last read? Oil and Honey by Bill McKibben

What one word would you use to describe yourself? Jovial

What are you most proud of? The amazing and eclectic group of friends I have developed over the years.

What would I find in your refrigerator right now? You would see lots of veggies (mostly broccoli and carrots), a big tub of hummus, containers of leftover burrito supplies, and jams made by my grandmother.


No comments:

Post a Comment