GardenShare

GardenShare

Monday, September 25, 2017

New semester, new interns at GardenShare

Name: Meredith Nordell

Hometown: Greenfield, MA 

Role at GardenShare: Student Volunteer 

How long? September 2017-December 2017

Why I do what I do at GardenShare: Food insecurity has always been an issue that I have been passionate about, when I saw the opportunity to volunteer at an organization like this I jumped at the opportunity because I believe that it will not only allow me to make a small difference in the wider community but I can also get a better sense of the area itself and the people who live and work here. 

Role outside of GardenShare: I am a full time student majoring in sociology and minoring in Chinese studies at St. Lawrence University! 

Hobbies: Spending time outdoors (hiking, biking, swimming, paddling, backpacking, rock climbing, etc...), climbing trees, reading, spending time with friends, sketching

Most recent accomplishment: Being awarded the IB Diploma after 2 years of hard work.  

Favorite book? Americanah, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 

Last read? Plato's Republic, for a Philosophy class

What one word would you use to describe yourself? Fun-loving 

What are you most proud of? My commitment to the Chinese language, (this is my 7th year taking it.)

What would I find in your refrigerator right now? Apple cider, cupcakes, cheese and lemonade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment