GardenShare

GardenShare

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Uncertainty and self-care - a message from Gloria

In my world at GardenShare, there are lots of things to worry about...  Fundraising did not meet our goals in 2016.  Where's the money going to come from in 2017?  Some of our new national political leadership have expressed clear desire to slash programs that help poor people, including those GardenShare works with.  The list could go on...

With all of this (and more!) uncertainty, it's more important than ever that we take care of ourselves.

And so, I will be doing just that.  Headed out on a ten-day vacation tomorrow to sunny Arizona.  I expect to get in some horseback riding, some hiking, and lots of general relaxation.

All of those challenges will be here when I get back, but hopefully my refreshed perspective and attitude will let me tackle them with renewed vigor!

Gloria


PS - Here's a photo of me riding Apache on an Arizona vacation three years ago in February!





No comments:

Post a Comment