GardenShare

GardenShare

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Meet another new intern joining GardenShare for spring semester

Name: Haley Bolton

Home base: Washington DC

Role at GardenShare: SLU Student Intern

How long? Only 2 weeks thus far, will be here for 2 months

Why I do what I do at GardenShare:  My work at GardenShare is for my Community Based Learning course at St. Lawrence University.  I am a current senior who has spent the last four years living and learning in the North Country.  Throughout my time here a few of my courses have been centered around identifying issues within the larger community, understanding the root of the problem, and developing tactical processes by which to aid or solve the issue through research methods in the Communications field.  I have gained knowledge from my classwork of some of the critical areas for improvement, one of them being food and nutrition assistance.  I chose to Intern here because I saw the overarching benefits that GardenShare has on the health and well being of an entire community.  Bringing people and successful programs together supports local business, but also creates interconnected, educated citizens that are willing to instill healthy values towards food and consumerism to the next generation.  Although I only play a small part in the greater structure, the work that GardenShare does is going above and beyond to help the North Country better itself. 

Role outside of GardenShare:  I am a senior at St. Lawrence University, majoring in Performance and Communication Studies and Business.  Additionally I am a member of the Tri Delta Sorority, Beta Chapter. 

Hobbies:  I enjoy reading for pleasure and skiing.

Last read?  East of Eden, John Steinbeck

If you were a superhero, what would your power be?  Teleportation

What one word would you use to describe yourself?  Personable


What are you most proud of?  Probably my resume, I’ve worked very hard year round for the past 5 years both in school and outside of my education with jobs, internships, and positions.  My resume showcases my investments, care, and time I have put in to develop my skills and experience to be best prepared for the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment