Hunger 101 is an interactive, role-playing exercise that allows participants to experience some of the challenges of trying to feed a family on a tight budget.
Here are are few of the responses students gave to the question, "What is the most important thing you learned from Hunger 101?"
- How pervasive the issue of hunger is and the number of obstacles folks face
- That the issue of hunger is systemic, but there are small things we can do to help create change on a local level
- There are more hunger issues in St. Lawrence County than I thought
- How hard it is to get by, even with SNAP
- How hard it can be to acquire nutritious food on a limited budget
- That volunteering our time is a step in the right direction
- 20% of St. Lawrence County families do not make enough to provide sufficient food
Would you like to have a Hunger 101 presentation at your church, school, or other organization? Get in touch!