GardenShare

GardenShare

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Introducing the Vice Chair of the Board of Directors

Sarah at work with some of the
tools of her trade!
Name:  Sarah Bentley-Garfinkel

Town of residence: Canton

Role at GardenShare:  Vice-President of the Board of Directors, Co-Chair of the Outreach and Education Committee

How long?  I’m about to begin my 6th year on the Board.

Why I do what I do:  I believe access to tasty, nutritious food is a basic human right, and GardenShare has a strong history of working diligently and with care to build a community where this is the reality for all people, every day.  It’s also an opportunity to foster collaboration between GardenShare and the Health Initiative, the agency where I work on issues of school wellness and child nutrition.  (And our founder, Phil Harnden, is one of my heroes.)

Role outside of GardenShare:  School Program Director, Health Initiative

What has changed the most in your time at GardenShare?  The structure of the organization - now with fabulous paid staff, and highly functional committees made up of board members and community volunteers.

What has stayed the same?  The passion behind the mission, fueled by our staff, board, volunteers, and supporters.

Share something about yourself that few people know:  I’ve always loved ballet and took regular dance classes from ages five through twenty.

What are you most proud of?  My children


What would I find in your refrigerator right now?  Bacon and tofu, half-empty containers of milk and white wine, lots of maple syrup from the trees in our yard, and last night’s roasted veggies and chicken (yay, leftovers!).

No comments:

Post a Comment