GardenShare

GardenShare

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Summer intern joins GardenShare

Her first week on the job and
was a good sport...wearing a
costume for the Dairy Princess Parade!
Name: Liz Hills

Town of residence: Granville, Ohio

Role at GardenShare: Summer Intern

How long? 10 weeks

Why I do what I do: Ensuring that everyone has access to local, healthy food is a passion of mine. Both my parents were raised in the North Country (Canton and Ogdensburg) so this area has always been very special to me. I love being able to help connect the farms/ farmers markets to the people of St. Lawrence County and raise awareness of the benefits of eating locally.

Role outside of GardenShare: I am a rising senior at St. Lawrence University. My major is Environmental Studies combined with Sociology and I am also the president of the SLU chapter of Habitat for Humanity.

Hobbies: In my free time I enjoy outdoor activities such as running and hiking. When I’m not bogged down with homework during the semester I also love reading novels. Currently I’m reading Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.

Favorite song, book, or movie? Song: Oh! Darling by The Beatles. Book: The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien. Movie: City of God.  

If you were a superhero, what would your power be? Teleportation (think jumper)! I would travel all around the world if I could avoid expensive plane tickets!

What one word would you use to describe yourself? Corny

Share something about yourself that few people know. My bellybutton is slightly smaller than normal.


What would I find in your refrigerator right now? A bunch of leftovers and some hummus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment