GardenShare

GardenShare

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Take action to support SNAP

Congressman Jim McGovern of Massachusetts tells this story:
"I was once handed a stack of paper plates.
"On each plate, someone had written what SNAP meant to them or how hunger had impacted their life. The stories on the plates were powerful and I read many of them on the House floor to give a voice to those who are struggling.
"I launched #FillUpYourPlate for you to tell me what #SNAP means to you or how hunger has impacted your life. Responses will be posted here on a wall of virtual paper plates.
"Why now?
"Every indication is that Republicans will try to cut this critical program that serves over 46 million people a year. As a member of the House Agriculture Committee, and a strong supporter of the SNAP program, I will fight any proposed changes that make it more difficult for the hungry in America to get the food they need. We cannot balance the budget on the backs of poor people.

"Click here to take a moment to tell me what the SNAP program means to you. Your responses will be posted below on virtual paper plates."

No comments:

Post a Comment