Some highlights of the data...in this region:
- 40,671 households receive SNAP benefits
- 44.4% of those households have one or more children under 18
- 28.8% of those households have one or more senior, 60 or older
- 95% of the heads of household are white
- 49.3% of the households have someone who is working
Cuts to SNAP would not only be dire for these families, children, and seniors, but would also have a big impact on our economy. These are just some of the reasons for our SNAP call-in day today!