GardenShare

GardenShare

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Some reflections on my one month anniversary

Since my first full day at GardenShare was January 5, today is my one month anniversary!

In this first month, I've taken part in meetings of all of the committees of GardenShare, a Board of Directors retreat and regular meeting, participated in our annual Growing Community Social and helped present the Growing Community Award, and met a lot of people who are passionate about GardenShare's mission and work.

It's been tiring and exciting, frustrating and stimulating, overwhelming and filled with positive energy, all at once!

I got to revisit Foodshare last week for my official, public retirement party, and that experience only confirmed for me that I have made the right decision.

While I may have had moments of exhaustion or frustration this past month, I have also been inspired by people's passion for this work.  While I recognize the challenges that GardenShare faces, I see tremendous opportunity and untapped potential.  And while I love the North Country with all my heart, when I look around, I can't help but see the needs in this region.

Thank you for being there with GardenShare.  Thank you for inspiring me with your support.

Together, we are making a difference.  And I look forward to working with you and doing even more in the coming months and years.

Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment